Basic Precision Rifle
Why You Should Sign-Up Today:
Whether you are a hunter, target shooter, or beginner rifle enthusiast, our Precision Rifle Training Classes will teach you the skills necessary to score cold bore hits out to 500 yards and beyond.
Topics Covered in this Course:
Introduction to gun safety, basic rifle operation, equipment selection and care, building your position, basic fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, recoil management, introduction to wind reading, employing the milliradian reticule for range estimation, understanding MOA and milliradian adjustments, introduction to internal and external ballistics, data gathering out to 500 yards.
Colorado Firearms Academy students must abide by all applicable state and federal laws at all times before, during, and after their courses.
- 308, 300 WinMag, 6.5mm, 6mm or similar caliber precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy
- Match ammunition (minimum 100-125 rounds, hand loads allowed)
- Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning kit
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Rifle data book or notebook
- Eye and ear protection
- Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long sleeved shirt recommended)
- Durable footwear
- Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
- Shooting Mat (if desired)
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
- *** It is important that the equipment (rifle, scope, ammunition) that you are using for our events consistently meet the accuracy and adjustability requirements. Our events/courses are very fast paced and we don’t want you or others slowed or potentially limited by the wrong equipment. If you have any doubt or just want to check with us, please contact us. Once the event begins it is impossible to fix any deficiencies.
Legal Statement of Eligibility
By continuing this purchase, I swear and affirm that I have
- no criminal convictions,
- am not currently under indictment or prosecution for any offense,
- am not wanted for questioning or arrest by any law enforcement or government agency.
- I affirm that I am not cuurntly under under force of any type of restraining order.
- I further state that I have no history of mental illness or substance abuse.
I understand that my training may be terminated at any time during the course if my actions are not deemed appropriate by Colorado Firearms Academy staff. Upon arriving at the course, I agree to sign a document releasing Colorado Firearms Academy LLC. from any liability that may occur during the course of training or thereafter.