Why You Should Sign-Up Today:
The most common gun for self or home defense is the handgun. Whether you carry one with you daily, make your living with one, keep it locked in your nightstand, or just enjoy plinking at the range, developing your handgun knowledge and skills will build a strong foundation for all firearms training and use. Our handgun classes are geared towards defensive gun use and our goal is for you to be comfortable in handling and operating a handgun in a “360 degree environment” under stressful conditions. Our courses are designed to help you push your limits and increase your capabilities.
Topics Covered in this Course:
Introduction to gun safety, basic handgun operation, fundamentals of shooting, Reloads, drawing from holster, malfunctions and support hand shooting.
Colorado Firearms Academy students must abide by all applicable state and federal laws at all times before, during, and after their courses.
- Handgun (rentals available at CFA, no “Pocket Pistols”, semi-automatic required for some courses)
- Strong side Kydex or leather holster for your handgun that completely covers the trigger guard (rentals available at CFA) –
- No appendix holsters, no small of the back holsters, no pocket holsters, no shoulder holsters, no cross-draw holsters, no soft-sided holsters, no trigger guard retention devices (Serpa).
- A belt to support the holster
- A minimum of three magazines and a double magazine carrier worn on the belt on the side opposite the handgun (included in rental package). Speed loader for revolver and holders if shooting a revolver.
- No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Brimmed hat.
- Shooting glasses with Z87+ or MilSpec APEL rating (rentals available at CFA).
- Electronic hearing protection (rentals available at CFA).
- 200-500 rounds of factory ammo. Hand loads not allowed.
Legal Statement of Eligibility
By continuing this purchase, I swear and affirm that I have
- no criminal convictions,
- am not currently under indictment or prosecution for any offense,
- am not wanted for questioning or arrest by any law enforcement or government agency.
- I affirm that I am not cuurntly under under force of any type of restraining order.
- I further state that I have no history of mental illness or substance abuse.
I understand that my training may be terminated at any time during the course if my actions are not deemed appropriate by Colorado Firearms Academy staff. Upon arriving at the course, I agree to sign a document releasing Colorado Firearms Academy LLC. from any liability that may occur during the course of training or thereafter.